Reasons Why Nepali Students Should Consider Studying in Finland
As the world becomes more globalized, many students are seeking international education opportunities to broaden their horizons and gain valuable skills and experiences. Finland, a small Nordic country, has become a popular destination for international students due to its high-quality education system, innovative technology, and progressive society. For Nepali students, Finland offers many opportunities to gain a world-class education and experience a new culture. In this article, we will explore the various scholarships available for Nepali students to study in Finland, as well as the benefits and challenges of pursuing education in a foreign country.
Scholarship Opportunities: Finland offers many scholarship opportunities for international students, including those from Nepal. These scholarships are provided by the Finnish government, educational institutions, and private organizations. Here are some of the most popular scholarships available for Nepali students:
- The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool: The Finnish government offers scholarships for international students at all levels of study, from undergraduate to doctoral. The scholarship covers living expenses, tuition fees, and insurance. Nepali students can apply for this scholarship through the Finnish embassy in Kathmandu or directly through the Finnish universities. https://www.studyinfinland.fi/scholarships
- CIMO Scholarship: The Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) offers scholarships for international students who wish to study in Finland for a short period of time, typically three to six months. Nepali students can apply for this scholarship to participate in an exchange program or complete a short-term course in Finland.
- EDUFI Fellowships: The Finnish National Agency for Education offers EDUFI Fellowships to international students who wish to pursue doctoral studies or research in Finland. This scholarship covers living expenses, travel costs, and insurance for up to 12 months.
- Finnish Universities Scholarships: Most Finnish universities offer scholarships for international students to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. Nepali students can apply for these scholarships directly through the universities.
Benefits of Studying in Finland
Studying in Finland offers many benefits for Nepali students. First and foremost, Finland is known for its high-quality education system. Finnish universities consistently rank among the top in the world, and graduates from Finnish universities are highly sought after by employers. In addition to gaining a world-class education, studying in Finland also provides opportunities for personal and professional growth. Living in a new country and culture can broaden one’s perspectives and help develop valuable cross-cultural communication skills. Finland is also known for its innovation and technology, and students studying in Finland can gain exposure to cutting-edge research and development.
Challenges of Studying in Finland
While studying in Finland offers many benefits, it also comes with its challenges. One of the biggest challenges for Nepali students is adjusting to a new culture and environment. This can be particularly difficult for students who have never been outside of Nepal before. Language can also be a barrier for some students, as Finnish is not an easy language to learn. However, most Finnish universities offer courses in English, so language barriers can be overcome with time and effort. Another challenge for Nepali students is the high cost of living in Finland. While scholarships can cover tuition and living expenses, students may still need to budget carefully to make ends meet.
Studying in Finland offers many opportunities for Nepali students to gain a world-class education and experience a new culture. With a range of scholarships available, studying in Finland can be a viable option for students from all backgrounds. However, it is important to be aware of the challenges that come with studying in a foreign country and to be prepared to face them. With the right mindset and resources, studying in Finland can be a rewarding experience that opens up many doors for personal and professional growth.
5 Reasons Why Nepali Students Should Consider Studying in Finland
In addition to scholarships provided by the Finnish government, Nepali students can also apply for scholarships offered by various universities, foundations, and private organizations. It is highly recommended that students research and apply for these scholarships well in advance, as the competition can be quite fierce.
Some of the popular scholarships available for Nepali students include the University of Helsinki Scholarship Programme, Aalto University Scholarship Programme, Tampere University Scholarship Programme, and the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool, among others.
2. Education System
Factor that makes Finland a top choice for Nepali students is the country’s education system. Finland is known for its high-quality education system, which emphasizes equal access to education for all and places a strong emphasis on practical, hands-on learning. Finnish universities and colleges also offer a wide range of programs and courses in various fields, making it easier for Nepali students to find a program that aligns with their interests and career goals.
3. Multicultural Learning Experience
Studying in Finland provides students with a multicultural learning experience, as the country welcomes students from all over the world. This diverse environment allows students to learn about different cultures and perspectives, which can broaden their horizons and enhance their learning experience.
4. Post-study Opportunities
Finland offers Nepali students excellent post-study opportunities. After completing their studies, international students can apply for a job search visa, which allows them to stay in the country for up to a year to look for employment. Finland also offers a startup visa, which allows international students to start their own businesses in the country.
You might also be interested in : 4 Reasons to choose Finland for Nepali Students